Have ADD or ADHD?

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Neurofeedback help for ADHD in a child Winters Wellness Center - Chiropractic Redefined Winters Wellness Center - Chiropractic Redefined


Published on Nov 9, 2016
I first heard about neurofeedback with Dr. Winters from a recommendation from my son's guidance counselor. He had shown indications of having ADHD from an early age and I suspected that he needed to be diagnosed. I didn't want to go the medication route. I talked to my guidance counselor about doing ADHD screening on him and he did meet the symptom counts for an ADHD combined type. This would be both inattentive and hyperactive, impulsive type behaviors at school. I told her that I didn't want to do medication and we talked about doing a behavior form chart to help him with his behavior at school. She mentioned that another student had had some success from going to Dr. Winters for neurofeedback. She didn't have a lot of other information but she sent me to the website. I watched the testimonial videos that were on their and then contacted the office. A.J. came twice a week for twelve weeks and we noticed a significant difference in the decrease in his behaviors. Whenever he was retested, he only showed to meet the symptom counts for ADHD inattentive barely. The first time his teacher indicated that he met all nine ADHD counts and in the second test he had only best 6 of the counts. He no longer met the symptom count for hyperactive and impulsive type behavior. I also saw a difference in his behavior at home too. He followed directions more and was able to pay closer attention. He needed a lot less redirection because he had less impulsivity. For anyone who is not wanting to do medication and wants a more natural way to combat those behaviors, I would definitely recommend neurofeedback therapy.
  • Category

  • License

    • Standard YouTube License

No comments:

Post a Comment